It is sometimes necessary to perform administrative actions that you don’t want ordinary users to be able to perform, for example changing or deleting a sales or payment transaction.
In for a user to be able to perform these functions it must first be assigned the “RafikiNet_Manager” user role, this document shows the steps needed in order to do that.
[WARNING: For security reasons, it is strongly recommended not to use an existing administrative user for this function but instead to create a special user that will be used only for this purpose.
- Login as “admin” or another user with the “RafikiNet_Administrator” role assigned.
- Create a new user following the instructions [Note: this will link to another document showing how to create a new user]
- Click on the “Links” drop-down menu on the upper right hand corner of the screen and select “Administer User”
- From the user administration screen, select “Assign Role to Users” from the User Administration box on the right hand side of the screen
- Click on the “RafikiNet_Manager” box under the “Roles Assigned” label at the top of the screen. You will now see a list of the email addresses of all the users currently assigned this role, or “No results found” if no one has been assigned this role yet.
- On the right hand column, you will find a list of the email addresses of all the users currently defined. Check the box for the user to assign the role to.
- Click the “Assign Selection” link above the right hand column, you will now see the user listed in the left hand column. That user has now been granted the “RafikiNet_Manager” role and its associated privileges. It can now be used, for example, to delete sales transactions.